To make the most of the opportunity you need to give online efforts to your website before the holiday starts. Huge traffic is there on the website during the holiday season. This makes the website slow and unresponsive. If the website is not able to handle the increased number of visitors, then it will affect your online reputation and sales.
How to Prepare Your Website For Holiday Shopping Traffic?
We must start the sooner the better. Here are some tips which can be helpful for the website before the holiday starts.
- Start with SEO auditing – Search Engine Optimization helps in discovering the website on the search engines. a user search for relevant phrases or keywords. White Label SEO Solution is an expert in making the SEO strategy.
- Be ready with customer support services – When there is traffic on the website, it also increases customer inquiries. It is suggested to place the important content where it is easily noticeable. Generally, these inquiries are about the product, refund, exchanges, and shipping. make sure that you are easy to reach and try to answer all the questions at once.
- Check website speed – This is the speed of how fast the content loads on the website. Before the holiday starts, you should test the speed of the website. Google takes into account the website’s speed before ranking the page. Page speed optimization is necessary because when the speed is slow there will be few users who will wait for your page to load.
- Optimize Mobile friendliness – In today’s world, people are using mobile phones more than ever. This is the reason mobile sales are increasing. Mobile transactions account for almost 50% of sales. This is a very important factor for the successful running of the website. There are various tools by which sites can be optimized mobile-friendly.
- Secure payments – Your payment methods must be secured. Cybercriminals hack the database of the store. Encrypting the website and VPN service can be some of the solutions to safeguard the client’s data. Google gives the warning “not secure” when the website is not trustworthy. This makes google the most trusted search engine.
- Keep it simple – The functions and features of every website are very important. Be focused on the ideas that will boost your business. But try to keep the look of the website simple, so that everyone can be able to understand what you are offering.
- Check the competition – It is always good to have a look at our competitors. If the competitor’s website is on high rank in the search result then take time to see why it is highly ranked and how you can use a similar strategy in your website. Don’t exactly copy the competitors but through this try to gain the attention of the target audience.
Many businesses depend upon the holiday season for their sales and to reach their targeted goals. But sometimes during the holiday season, the website faces huge traffic and is not able to handle them. Leading Digital Marketing Company in New Jersey deals in marketing through digital channels. The above tips can help to prepare the website for holiday traffic starts.