Parisian interiors are all about opulence, classic style and a touch of glamor. From the spectacularly gilded cabinets in historic palaces to the chic but modern spaces that dominate contemporary luxury hotels, these stunning designs capture the heart and soul of Paris with artistry and precision.
If you’re feeling inspired by the look of Parisian interiors, here are 5 of the best design ideas inspired by the several furnished apartments in Paris to help you get started;
Embrace Architectural Features
Parisian buildings are known for their beautiful architectural style, so it makes sense that some of the best apartment interior design ideas come from here. Architectural features such as high ceilings, exposed beams, and intricate moldings on walls and ceilings give a sense of grandeur and sophistication to any room, regardless of its size.
If you’re looking to incorporate this unique style into your apartment, there are a few key features worth considering. These include old herringbone parquet flooring, large double windows, beautiful wall panellings, and elements like arches and columns. Not only will this help to create a rustic feel that is sure to turn heads, but it also adds character and ambiance to your space.
Say Hello To Marble
Marble is one material that is common in Paris interior design. This timeless material is perfect for adding a bit of edge to your space, as its bold colors and patterns will really stand out. It also offers thermal insulation and durability, making it perfect for high-traffic areas such as kitchens or bathrooms.
Here are some inspiring examples of how to integrate marble into your home decor:
- Use it as an accent on the walls: A subtle marble background can add visual interest to any room, whether it’s used as an accent tile or integrated into the wall surface itself.
- Add contrast with other textures: If you’re looking for more dynamic and interesting design ideas, try combining marble with other textures like wood or stone. This will create a more mixed-up look that will be sure to stand out.
- Create a beautiful mosaic mural on a wall using pieces of marble that contrast well with each other – this is a great way to add interest and dimension without having to spend too much money on décor
Mix Different Furniture Styles
Parisians are known for their eclectic decor and love of mixing different furniture styles together to create a one-of-a-kind look in their homes. The goal is to tell a story by connecting contemporary furniture pieces with high-quality classics while maintaining an airy feel.
To recreate this Parisian décor idea, invest in unique furniture pieces. The rule here is to find pieces that work together and add your personal touch. For instance, a sleek contemporary desk might fit in well with a vintage armoire and tufted chair, or vice versa.
Another great way to mix things up is by using natural materials in your decor. Wood panels and floors can be beautifully finished in a French style with traditional lacquer coatings, while using modern fabrics like cotton or linen for chairs and curtains to keep things light and airy.
Alternatively, if you want to try something a little more out of the ordinary, consider going for a mix of different Asian and European designs. This will give your space a unique look that’s sure to turn heads. Or, if you’re someone who likes to be surrounded by lots of natural light, go for a room filled with bright colors and soft textures.
Whatever your chosen style, make sure to include a variety of items so that your apartment has a well-rounded look.
You can never go wrong with vintage. Combine various antique and vintage items to create a unique and personal space.
Here are a few tips for creating a chic and vintage-inspired interior;
- Choose a vintage style wallpaper or flooring for your living space. This will give the illusion of being in an older home, and will dress up any plain walls or floors.
- Hang old-fashioned lamps and mirrors on the wall to add character. You can also choose furnishings in a similar vein, like antique chairs or tables.
- Decorate with vintage accessories, like crockery or pottery. This will tie your apartment together and help it feel cozy and lived-in.
- Fill empty spaces with plants and objects to create an air of luxury and tranquility. These can be arranged in interesting ways using vases, cups, or even vintage plates for added character.
Hang Large Ornate Mirrors
An interior design trend that perfectly captures the essence of Paris is a large ornate mirror. This furniture piece helps create a striking visual impact while serving as a functional art piece. It is also an excellent way to add a touch of luxury to your space and make your apartment feel more spacious.
If you live in an area with plenty of light, choose a gilded mirror to take advantage of its reflective properties. Not only will this feature add luxury and sophistication to your space, but it’ll also help make your room feel larger.
And if you don’t have loads of natural light available, consider opting for a mirror with a bright LED light installation instead. This type of mirror will give your room a warm and inviting glow at night, making it the perfect choice for any bedroom.
When it comes to the perfect Parisian interior design, there are many things to take into consideration. From the type of furniture you choose to the color palette you use, every detail counts. We hope you have enjoyed our exploration of the best Parisian interior design ideas and décor.
Whether you’re aiming for a sleek and sophisticated look or something more organic and rustic, these ideas will help you create a space that’s both stylish and comfortable.
Also Read About-Neon Purple Aesthetic